Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pearls

As Linda and I attended Bible School at Word of Life Church in Uppsala during the 2003/2004 study year, I jotted down a number of pearls from our teachers. Here's a sampling, and a few of the revelations that occurred to me as I listened.

We judge others by their actions, but we judge ourselves by our intentions. --We have no right to judge others. That is God's job. Jesus was clear on this point: (Mt 7:1-2) "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)

The unholy trinity: me, myself & I -- This is pretty countercultural. Man has always been most interested in his own way.

The world today doesnt read the Gospels in the Bible; it reads the Gospels as they are wriiten in us. R. Ekh

Your life is not your dreams and wishes. Your life is your habits. R. Ekh (via R. Høidal)

There should be believers coming behind me. If I fail, they may not enter the kingdom.

Sin is sugar-coated poison. And when we need more, the price is raised. Åke Carlson

Joy is a daily choice. My daily walk in faith depends on the decisions I make at the beginning of and throughout each day.

Prayer is, in part: A time of letting God speak into my to do list and change it and conform it to His purposes.

God make me humble with a head held high.

I don't want to be what I have always been but instead what You have always wanted me to be.

The church is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

It is our habits that make us holy -- Egmont Mika (cell group leader)

The areas of darkness I hide today will be the future areas of failure and bondage. -- Åke Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment